Using chicken broth compliments this dish well.
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 40-minutes
TOTAL PREP TIME: 10-minutes
500g chicken breast
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 carrots peeled and sliced
1 red pepper sliced
1 red onion sliced
300ml Boil and Broth chicken broth
1 tbsp spelt flour
1 tbsp hoi sin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried chilli’s
- In a wok heat the coconut oil until melted, then add the chicken breast. Cook on medium for 5-minutes.
- Add carrots, red pepper and onion to the wok and continue to cook on medium-low for a further 3-minutes, then remove from the heat.
- In a blender, add the chicken broth, hoi sin, soy sauce and spelt flour. Blend together for 1 minute.
- Add sauce mix to the wok and return to the heat on medium.
- Cook for 10-minutes, stirring frequently and then add all the spices. Lower the heat and cover.
- Let the dish simmer for a further 15-20-minutes. Returning to stir occasionally.
Serve with egg noodles.