When cooking in a loaf tin, it’s best to cook slower over a longer time. This helps to reduce burning on the top and ensure that the middle is cooked. You will know when the loaf is cooked, because when you press the top it should be spongey.
SERVES: 10 slices
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL PREP TIME: 15-minutes
100g coconut sugar
3 eggs beaten
50ml milk (almond or lacto-free if you choose)
200g spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp organic cacao powder
125g fresh blueberries
Topped with desiccated coconut
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Line your tin with loaf paper.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter until melted and add the coconut sugar, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat, add the beaten eggs and milk.
- Then add the flour, baking powder and cacao powder. Stir until blended.
- Finally, mix in the blueberries, turn the blueberries into the batter, careful to keep them in once piece.
- Pour the batter mix into the loaf tin and bake in the oven on 160 degrees for 45-minutes.